Sunday, April 20, 2008


It's kind of funny that such an ugly print can mean so much in my life. For those of you who do not know, this is ACU print. It's worn by the Army..blah, blah. In short, lover wears it and I miss him. He needs to come back and hold my hand and give me forehead kisses. You'd think that wouldn't be too difficult. In reality, it's pretty much impossible.

I talked to him today though. We have planned to move to Charleston when I graduate. Planning the future makes getting through the present so much easier...even when it seems almost impossible.
Some days I wish we could throw away the stupid dog tags and government issued shirts and just lay in bed with a bottle of wine and do nothing. To me, that is perfection. It seems so easy to other people, but when your person is on the opposite side of the world you realize that it would make you happier than winning the lottery. I'd rather this deployment end than win 30 million dollars.

Sometimes it just hurts and I can't make it go away. Fuckin' Army.

2 comments:

Scarecrowcp said...

I love you! *hugs*

Puttin' On The GRITS said...

I've never been able to relate to this so much. Country has been to the desert four times. It wasn't while we were dating but when he comes home and puts his dog tags in my hands, it becomes so real. And it's completely ironic that he and I have also had many conversations about moving to Charleston in a few years.